Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cuteness and Bar-B-Q Pork

So a little background...I have 4 children as you all know.  McKenzie is 6, Madison is 4 (almost 5), Taylor is 2, and Stephen is 4 months...

Today while the older girls were at school Taylor and Stephen where on the floor and I was in the kitchen.  I was trying desperately to get the night before dishes in the dishwasher so that I felt better about myself.  I hear Taylor talking so I peak my head around the corner and she is reading Stephen a book.  She can be so sweet at times I forget that she is 2 (and all that implies)!

My day is very crazy today.  I am currently enjoying a minute to myself while Taylor and Stephen are sleeping.  A rare but very enjoyable moment at that!  I am baking cupcakes for class tonight (more on that in a minute), making brownies (because well to be blunt I am in dire need of chocolate), and trying to clean the house while writing to you all.  Picking up McKenzie and Madison at 2:15 and 2:30.  Getting homework done, while making dinner.  I have a meeting at 6pm and class starts at 6:45.  Home at 8 and kids to bed.

Class: I am teaching a baking class for kids in grades 1st-5th.  It is a church based class that runs 5 weeks at a time.

Bar-B-Q Pork

Today with everything going on I am going to take some help from the freezer.  I have half of a leftover pork loin from last week.  I honestly don't know how I made it, but you can simply roast in with garlic, salt, and pepper.  I am going to stick the pork and an entire bottle of my favorite BBQ sauce in the crock pot and let it go.  The I am going to slice it, put it on a roll and serve with corn on the cob.  The corn, well again, some help from the freezer.  I bought frozen corn niblets.   I like to put the corn in a pot with just a little bit of water on the bottom of the pan.  I am basically steaming the corn.  I then put a pat of butter and put on the lid.  Cook until the water is dissolved and the corn is a little caramelized (or looking like it is starting to brown).

Voila dinner in a flash!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment