Monday, May 10, 2010

Independence and Mexican Chicken Tacos

My 6 year old, McKenzie, is a very independent child.  We have tried to teach all of our children to be as independent as possible.  Along with being independent she talks her mind.  So....with all this said we went out to eat for Mother's Day yesterday.  She had our waiter waiting on her hand and foot.  "You forgot the straws", "I drank all of my coke can I have some water please", "Can I have some more water please", she found it her person duty to make the waiter run all evening long.  I am sure that by the time we left he had had enough of her.  I just hope that the 25% tip was enough to make it worth it.

Mexican Chicken Tacos
4 Chicken Breasts bone-in
1 large red onion, sliced
1 large red pepper, sliced
1 8 oz can of whole tomato's
1 cup of chicken broth
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 bay leaf 
Salt and pepper


Brown the chicken breasts in a deep saute pan.  Season one side with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and bay leaf.  Add chicken stock and tomatoes, onion and pepper.  Let simmer for 1 hour.  Take the chicken out of the pan and shred it off of the bone.  Put the chicken back in the pan and cook for another 10 minutes until chicken and sauce are one.
Serve with warm tortillas, lettuce, salsa, and guacamole
.

Pineapple Raspberry Mock Daiquiri
1/2 fresh pineapple chucked
1/2 tub of raspberry sherbet
2 times
1 cup of ice


In a mixer blend all of the ingredients.  Serve with a pineapple garnish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment