Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Alone and Enchiladas

The past two nights I have been home with the kids by myself.  My husband has been working late doing a new project at work.  So I have been left do everything.  I have to say it is completely exhausting.  For some reason the kids feel that they need to act up more than usual.  Stephen decided that he was going to cry bloody murder for 15 minutes today.  I assume because he was tired, because after that 15 minutes he feel asleep.  This, however, is very unusual for him.  McKenzie and Madison (my 6 and 4 year old) are fighting.  Although this is normal for them.  They are only 17 months apart and share a room.  Instead of being best friends they are worst enemies (I hope that doesn't last).  And Taylor....my 2 year old.  Can that just sum it up, 2 years old.

They really aren't that bad I guess.  McKenzie told me yesterday that she broke up with her boyfriend.  What a boyfriend, and you are breaking up with him!  Really in kindergarten.  I guess I should be glad that she is doing the breaking up, right?  I asked her why she needs a boyfriend, and she said so she can get married and have a baby.  OK....HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, I thought!!!!!  We are getting a college education first, right????  She said yes she wants to be a biologist, and then get married and have a baby.  So she needs a boyfriend.   Well...there she blows.  I am going to be in trouble.  And I have 3 of those (girls that is).

Well being that I have been left at home, by myself for two days, dinner hasn't been great.  Yesterday we went to the store and I let them pick out a frozen pizza.  Today however I made enchiladas.  


Enchiladas

2 cups Left over chicken from chicken burritos (or a rotisserie)
4 oz cream cheese 
1 jar of salsa
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese

Mix the chicken and cream cheese together.  Roll up the chicken mixture in the tortillas.  Spread half of the salsa in an 8x8 glass pan.  Lay the tortillas in a row (about 6).  Spread the remaining salsa on the tortilla and top with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment