Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Messes and Chicken Milanese

Today my youngest daughter, Taylor (2), had a blow out at school.  Yes I mean in the disgusting sense.  I was in a meeting with my mommy friends and I get the dreaded, "Taylor's mommy we need to see you" call.  So I go down stairs to the nursery and find that my daughter has pooed.  Not just any poo, but the kind where the only thing left on her body is the new, clean diaper.  The only thing that I can guess is that the cantaloupe that she had for breakfast didn't settle with her little tiny stomach.  Did I mention that she ate almost the entire half of the cantaloupe.  So, after wondering what I am going to do now....I take her upstairs and continue with my meeting (gab session might be a better term).  After about 10 minutes of her skipping up and down the hall and then not listening to a word I am saying I find more cloths and send her back down stairs.  The rest of the day she was fine, of course right?

Chicken Milanese...This is a thin chicken breast that is breaded.  Basic right?  Well I dressed it up with lightly dressed arugula salad and mash potatoes.  The best thing about this is it is elegant enough for me and my hubby, but it is just fried chicken to the kids.

1 pound of thinly cut chicken breast
1/2 c flour
2 eggs
2 c panko bread crumbs
2 T sugar
1 bunch of arugula
4 lemons
1/4 c olive oil

Make a 3 part breading station.  (This is 3 plates, one with flour, one with eggs, and one with bread crumbs)  In the flour bowl season it with salt and pepper.  Beat the eggs.  In the panko bread crumb bowl (panko is a thicker bread crumb) add the 2 tablespoons of sugar.  Bread your chicken dipping it first in the flour, then in the eggs, and lastly in the bread crumbs.  Set on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.  Continue with the rest of the chicken.  Refrigerate the chicken for about 30 minutes.  This will allow the bread crumbs to set to the chicken and they won't fall off of the chicken while they cook.

Mix the arugula 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the juice of two lemons.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Heat the rest of the olive oil in a shallow skillet.  Saute the chicken about 3 minutes on eat side, just until they are a golden brown.

When plating, put the chicken on the plate with the arugula on the side like salad for the kids.  For you and your hubby set the chicken on the plate and then put about a cup of the arugula on top of the chicken.  Cut up the rest of the lemons and add them to the platter.  The lemons cut the "fried" aspect of the chicken.

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment